TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can make a similar spacer from Aluminum my friend has access to a machine shop and they can get whatever. I think I can get it made fro thick stock at little cost and save me 70 bucks steeda wants. Not sure if it works but just seeing what you guys thought of it. alos Looking at a C&L or Accufab Throttle body. supposedly the Accufab Tbody flows more than the C&L but it was only one test. The cheapest fior the Accufab was $214 plus shipping the C&L was 180 plus shipping. anybody know the most afforable place to buyt he Accufab TB or the C&L. I know of several venders who frequent here so I figured to ask. thanks
Regg

·
Registered
654 Posts
About the plenem spacer :( I actually tried one and feel with my MODS
it was a waste of Time and Money !! I paid $20.00 for mine Anyways
the EGR tube on my 1997 4.6 wouldn't bolt back on - had to fab some parts
to make it work.

A larger throttle body on a stock motor is in my opinion a waste also.

There has been talk on the mustang sites about new intake plenum's
for the 96-96 4.6 - some of them require a larer throttle body.

http://www.modularfordpowerhouse.com/

If you are just beginning to mod your MN-12 - I recommend looking at
others mods :) look at my signature

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a feew upgrades and working on the gears and the chip Lookng for all the power Ic an get without opening her up. just say 5-7 horse and not too expensive so ifigured i look into it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
CurtisA said:

A larger throttle body on a stock motor is in my opinion a waste also.
Yup, but only on stock. I'm closing in on the just-about-every-bolt-on stage, and the plenum/TB are the last two I'll be doing. You can do them right away but your wont' really gain much until later, but they are defintely on the list, so at some point you'll end up with them. Especially if you are going N/A.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Dude, best bang for the buck mods are a set of gears and a good chip from Dennis or any other good tuner. My brother's only mods on his 95 XR7 are a set of 3.55's and a Fordchip, and March pullies. He went from a 7.7 0-60 to a 6.8 with only those two mods and since he mostly does city driving, his milage went up too. A shop installed the gears, and even with all that, it only costs about 1000 bucks for that all with the trany cooler too.

Pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts