TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Doesn't do transmission or any body control stuff such as traction control. it will do abs however. If it did transmission I would say go for it.
Alan

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would you recommend as far as software that i can install on my laptop for that price or close to it. I would like it for my two fords as well as my mazda which is a cx9 2007 model.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the price of that software? and did you pay extra for the ford part of it?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I ended up with $410 in my setup because I paid extra for the wifi ability (it is just too cool to work on a car from 50ft away) and I paid extra for the ford "extended" capabilities. That is what gives me abs,transmission,air bag, air ride and body control module capabilites.
The data logging is very nice I might add. I also purchased the carrying case that I end up not using because I put it all in the laptop bag.
Alan

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How close is this to the actual software that the dealer service dept. uses. The price on the website is not to bad. I put together a package with the scanxl prof. the ford enhanced and the mazda enhanced and the tool . Is this good enough or did i miss out on something. I am not getting the wifi as i will be working only on my vehicles. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just remembered what i wanted to ask . How much hard drive space is required for all of this on the laptop.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
not much maybe 40 gigs total once you go through tons of vehicles. it downloads stuff from every vehicle.Currently I have done 6 vehicles and including windows 7 and other software I have used 41gig of my 250 gig hard drive.
Alan

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more question. I am really sorry to keep bothering you, you have been very helpful. How close is this to the dealership scanning software?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dirty dog, i just saw the innova 3160 scan tool. It says on the website that it does the same thing as the actron 9580 but also does transmissions. Is this true, if so what do you think about this scan tool. Or if anyone else can chime in and tell me if this scan tool is good. This sells for 30 dollars more and if this is good that is not much more to pay to get the trans feature also.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
For personal use that looks acceptable. I hate reading data on those little bity screens and often time making options changes is difficult, especially doing comparisons. However to go to what I prefer will cost you about $200 more plus you need a decent laptop. I wouldn't trust that unit as a shop, but for personal use it should do the job.
Alan

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know i think that i will save up the additional 200 and go with the unit that you have. I have a nice laptop that doesn't get much use so this would make me use it a lot more, plus i would be getting a better product in the long run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts