TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize it's gotten some people on MD 12-15 rwhp, but that was in addition to minor mods. KD mentioned his friends bone stock cat about to be tested with the PI intake (as well as the port matched epoxy one), but I never saw the results. Does anyone have an estimate on what a stock 96 NPI would get with the PI intake? I have a KN panel filter if it helps.

thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have not had my car dyno'd ever but, on my otherwise bone stock 96 with just a K&N panel filter and the air silencer still in place (I'm lazy) , the PI intake made the car feel like it has moderately better throttle response at any RPM and, I know this sounds stupid but, it seems like it's breathing easier.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I do not have the best baseline as it was done on a different dyno a while back, but it was also a dynojet and the car, for the most part, had not changed since that dyno and when I swapped to the pi intake. The mods at the time were k&n cone, modified gt tube, J chip ver2, mark 8 tc, J shift kit 3.55 trac loc etc. This was on a 94 with the aluminum intake.

here is the old dyno:

Here is the dyno graph of just swapping to the pi intake but using the stock 96 Tbird TB and Plenum.

10 rwhp gain peak... and about 13 rwhp at 5k. Unfortunately, the old dyno graph does not go much above 5k. When comparing the 2 dyno graphs, the peak moved up a few hundred rpm and it didn't start falling near as quick. Pretty good for just the pi intake with the stock cams. No adaptor plate was used, just hand made paper gaskets. We figure since we had gotten such a good gain from the intake alone that the intake runner not matching up to the head port is probably only hurting a few rwhp.

The stock 94 aluminum intake was pretty restrictive, more so than the 96+ plastic intakes. since you have 96 heads, your intake ports are larger and straighter, meaning, less crooked than the 94 heads, so you should realize more of a gain.

hans

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.