TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone that is looking for adapter plates to swap a pi intake on NPI heads you can get them from Livernois i just picked a set for myself this morning and they look good they are a little over 1/2" they are 9/16th , but i am not useing a pi intake so i got just the plates from em i know a few people that work there so i told em that they should sell just the adapters and they said they will do so , if any of you are interested give them a call .http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/main.phtml

Jurgen

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are $295 , the whole kit from them is for 650 but if you get the plates for 295 blus another 150 for the intake and parts its good bang for the buck for the 96+ guys that have a cobra hood or if you dont mind cutin the hood ,or if you pay 650 livernois milled the intake so it should fit under the gt hood and it should fit under the 96-97 mn12 hood .

Jurgen

·
Registered
513 Posts
So with the plates they sell it will NOT work with a stock hood???? Is this correct????
Or can you just cut the padding underneath the hood to make it fit???:confused:

·
8,239 Posts
So, let me get this straight.

Kris Danner was the first one to do this, and these guys are now making adapter plates instead of the RTV like the guys on MD are doing.

My truck is begging for this intake and pi cams.

JH

·
Registered
635 Posts
what i would like to see is some numbers for the adapter. If i put it on, how much of a difference will it make? thats where i think a product would be justified

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kinda of an old question?

On our 95 the hood would have to changed right??

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wolfbay said:
Kinda of an old question?

On our 95 the hood would have to changed right??
you need 96 fuel lines and alot of other parts for the swap , but the livernois intake with the plates and all that should fit under the 95 hood the plates are about 1/2 thick and thers about that much room under the 95 hood .

Jurgen

·
Registered
615 Posts
the plates should leave you clarence on a stock hood. The most extreme thing you will have to do is cut a little bit off of the heat guard that is under the hood.

I was told this by loopyJ22, him and Big Pete are makin the adapter plates.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Ashish said:
the plates should leave you clarence on a stock hood. The most extreme thing you will have to do is cut a little bit off of the heat guard that is under the hood.

I was told this by loopyJ22, him and Big Pete are makin the adapter plates.
but how thick are their plates?

·
Registered
615 Posts
they are thick enough that you might have to remove the underhood linining. :zdunno:

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the livernois plates i mentioned how thick they are, the ones that loopy and pete was working on were gone be like .3 not even 1/2 and they would have fit under the 94 hood becouse i measured but with a stock plenum or something that looks stock the C&L seats higher .

Jurgen

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've held the Livernois plates that Jurgen bought.

They look very well done with the taper job leading from the PI intake to NPI heads.

$300 is a lot, but it's simply because they have a monopoly right now. I think I'd be more interested if they were $80-100 each, but that needs either more demand, or competition.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts