TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...though it's of a different feather. :wink2:

My wife and I had a deal: I build a shop; she gets a cool car of her own. As I'm just about done building the shop, I've been keeping an eye out for the right car. This '65 Buick Skylark popped up on Craigslist about 50 miles from home and was owned by the director of the Gateway Chapter (St. Louis) of the Buick Club of America. This thing has the right level of patina, cool factor, and we were able to score it for the right price.

Now she'll have her own cool car to cruise, and I have another old car to screw around with. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Wow! That car's in great shape. Nice score!

Congrats to both of you.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
That's pretty clean looking. Got the 300c.i. V8 in it?

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!

X2!

Is that the shop you built Rod?

Joe
That it is. Posted a few pics below, though the last two are out of order. I'm nearly done putting it up, and I've already managed to get a few oil stains on the floor. :frown2: I can't wait to get it wrapped up and move all my tools and equipment in.

That's pretty clean looking. Got the 300c.i. V8 in it?
That it does. It has the Wildcat 310 (300 ci) V8 and the ST300 transmission.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Darn! :)

Tiny, ain't it! ain't it, ain't it... (EDIT: Y'all may not have got this; Echoes from how big it is, lol. And Tiny is the kinda BS someone would say, just to get echoed back. It's probably a local thing.)

Lol.

Looks good to me! :D

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Darn! :)

Tiny, ain't it! ain't it, ain't it...

Lol.

Looks good to me! :D
About the same size as a MN12. A little lighter though. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Very cool on all accords, car, shop and lady that appreciates. I did good with his and hers 2-car garages on my half acre. I was tired before I moved to put this in the garage. Now fine, but not in mine. Congrats.

I had a deal with my wife 17 years ago - she gets a Trans Am WS6 convertible and I get to have Big Scott put in a PI motor and Mark VIII trans in the Tbird. I was happy but she did not know I put 10k in the Bird.

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What size shop is that? How high is the ceiling? Do you have a loft or 2 floor?
It's 30' x 60'. The ceiling height is 12'7". I'll eventually put a loft over a small area. Currently working on putting up the interior sheetmetal.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
That's awesome! :)

There's room for a machine shop in the back corner, over by the frame rotisserie...

:grin2:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice score on the Skylark, even better with the shop. Your going to need to be careful about the shop, it's amazing how fast they fill up with goodies.

·
The Parts Guy
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your going to need to be careful about the shop, it's amazing how fast they fill up with goodies.
All too aware...hence building this shop across the road from the other one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts