TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been wanting to add an LE style stripe for some time, I finally got a few bucks together and took it to a shop in town.

I was always thinking of going with a silver stripe, but they talked me out of it. Using pieces of vinyl for comparison, the silver got lost with the light blue paint. The darker blue looked best and it matches the interior! :D

I sent him some pictures of what I wanted and he was able to do the lettering in the original Limited Edition font but I went with Thunderbird LX. The car is a little dirty and it was getting late, LMK what you think! :)

Joe

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Looks good Joe. Nice touch!

·
̇
3,701 Posts
I was always thinking of going with a silver stripe, but they talked me out of it.
IMO..A silver stripe would have looked better..Should have went with your gut..

I think the silver would have blended in better..More of a subtle look if you know what I mean..

That shade of blue really stands out..If that's what you were after..Then awesome..

I've said it before in your gallery, but I'll say it again..

Nice Bird!.. :thumbsup:

Rayo..

·
Administrator
8,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO..A silver stripe would have looked better..Should have went with your gut..

I think the silver would have blended in better..More of a subtle look if you know what I mean..
When I brought the car to him and he put up pieces of vinyl for comparison, the silver kind of got lost with the blue. It was barely noticeable and I originally thought it would have stood out more than it did.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
looks cool.
how much did the strip kit cost?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice idea. I think the stripes look fantastic. Gives the 97 car with cladding a sportier look. Good color choice too, it goes well with the silver paint, and esp. since it matches the interior... That makes for a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
oops... My bad. It's blue, not silver paint.:(

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
how much did the stripe cost?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts