TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I found a reason why some cars nomater how many times you ballance the wheels you still have a problem. When the cars are new the Rotors and drums are ballanced. If you replaced them it is very rare for aftermarket ones to be ballanced. I think it is worth the money to spend a couple of bucks and have a diecent machine shop ballance the rotors. The ideal situation would be to have the rotors new or resurfaced to be resurfaced on the car and mark the positon of the rotor in relation to the hub and then have ballanced. the reason for this is all hubs have a little runout and the farther away from the center you get the worse it gets. If the rotors are turned on the car and marked to go on the same position along with ballancing the rotor it should snifigantly reduce vibration.

On a side note I found some play in my rear wheel bearings and I imagine that there is some problems with the front also. I am thinking that with some wear 110k miles the play becomes more noticeable. I am wondering if I could just retorque the nuts to factory spec. I know that the nuts should never be backed off but can they be retightened to factory spec to compensate for wear? If I do that I will put a white line throug the nut across the hub so that if it ever moves I will know it.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I'd replace the rear bearings now before you have to replace the hubs as well. I have noticed they are a normal wear and tear item on the higher mile MN12's with a heavy footed throttle.

-Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts