TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i did a search and im reading some conflicting info. from what im reading i dont need to adjust the fuel pressure to run my nitrous, that it should be done through the tune. so whats the point in putting one on the car. but at the same time i've also been told that you should put one on along with a better pump to run the nitrous setup. i have one thats been sitting here for awhile and just wanted to know if its worth the time to put it on there.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
From what I've understood about nitrous the last thing you want
to happen is to run out of gas..

So a chip, better pump and an adjustable FPR is something
I'd get just to be on the safe side..
But then again, I'd probably would drown the engine in gas
"just to be on the safe side" :D

//Per

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but what i dont get is why you need it. the nitrous tune on the chip retards timing and adds fuel, and the zex box is supposed to control fuel also. so whats the reason for having an adjustable fpr?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unless i got an x-cal2 or put in on the dyno (both of which arent very likely to happen) how would i be able to see what will work best?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah im running stock fuel pressure, and 14.7 isnt all that bad. the bottle pressure wasnt there that night, stock tires, only a 50 shot, and the weather sucked. hopefully i'll see alittle better times with a full bottle.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
FordFanatic said:
yeah im running stock fuel pressure, and 14.7 isnt all that bad. the bottle pressure wasnt there that night, stock tires, only a 50 shot, and the weather sucked. hopefully i'll see alittle better times with a full bottle.

Ahhh, I gutcha...

I wasn't saying a 14.7 was bad at all, **** I couldn't get outta the 15's. I understand the .6 with the 50 shot, but the .3 mph change, there is definetly something wrong there. I trapped 4 mph higher than you but you had a better ET by .6.

I dunno what the issue was, but I think there is definetly something to look into if that keeps happening.

Good Luck, I will go through my notes (provided I can find em) on the fuel pressure to see if there is anything I can give you to help.

Good Luck

Dave

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have no clue, that was the first time that i tried it at the track and only got in one run. thats also with no nitrous tune on my chip, which is also why im only running a 50 shot.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
well im running 30psi fuel pressure with a ratio of 13.1 and man she runs great im using and areomotive regulator plus i picked up some gas mileage with it

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
FordFanatic said:
ok, i did a search and im reading some conflicting info. from what im reading i dont need to adjust the fuel pressure to run my nitrous, that it should be done through the tune. so whats the point in putting one on the car. but at the same time i've also been told that you should put one on along with a better pump to run the nitrous setup. i have one thats been sitting here for awhile and just wanted to know if its worth the time to put it on there.

PM Sent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts