TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://powergridinc.com/swaybar.asp

Surely something like this could work for those of us with lowered front suspensions. They don't list our application, but how many people would be interested in something like this? Surely it wouldn't be too hard for them to make some that are the right length for our cars.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Home made

~~Hello

Get your self a pair a Heim ends. about 1/2in hole & shank. One male & one female. This is what I am looking into for my Circle track Thunderbird Street stock.

Right now on the front a I a Rear adjustable sway bar link for a mustang with IRS.(99up corbra) They are alittle smaller than I wanted, But just fit. The head on upper bent alittle.

Make sure the stems are long enough & short enough as well.

Paul

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
How stout do those have to be? I was thinking of cutting about 1-2 inches out of the center of a factory link, then cutting opposing threads in the remaining lengths. Then reattach them with a heim link or something similar. When it is twisted in one direction, they'd get longer, the other direction shorter. Put some lock nuts on it, and it'd be good to go. Or am I just full of it?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
length

~~Hello

I thought of that. But after looking at it I thought the link was too short.

I would be interested if that works for you. Let me know what sizes & what connector you used. Maybe a older style tierod adjuster will work? If it is too short for the locking nuts try a set screw in the adjuster at both ends.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts