TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious as to whether a 19x8.5 rim with 38mm offset would fit well on my SC. From what I've read it sounds like the offset is correct but I just want to be sure. How much wider are these compared to the stock wheels? These are the rims I'm looking at, ADR M Sport - Ebay Link.

I'm thinking they would look real nice on my car, here's a pic for reference.

Any thoughts?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
That's a deal right there, go for it! I've had ADR rims on the bird since FEB 05 and have had nothing but a good ride. IDK about the tires I would want something a little more wider.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds great, thanks for the input, guys.

If you read closely on the auction he has an option to upgrade the tires to 245/35/19, is that wider?

The hub centric rings, those are pretty much necessary, right?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
8.5" at +35 is perfect for an MN-12. I'd suggest 245/40R19 or 255/40R19 to go with that wheel size. 245/35R19 will be too short. And yes, get the hubcentric rings, less chance of getting a vibration that way.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Sounds great, thanks for the input, guys.

If you read closely on the auction he has an option to upgrade the tires to 245/35/19, is that wider?

The hub centric rings, those are pretty much necessary, right?
Hub rings are a must, you never want to take a chance. Post pictures when those are bolted on!:)

You should think about a Cobra brake swap too if you're dropping some bills on your ride, talk to this man, he got the hardware for ya.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
8.5" at +35 is perfect for an MN-12. I'd suggest 245/40R19 or 255/40R19 to go with that wheel size. 245/35R19 will be too short. And yes, get the hubcentric rings, less chance of getting a vibration that way.

cheers
Ed N.
So 35 is too short of an aspect ratio? What tire will keep the speedometer reading the same? I would have to call the ebay seller to see what tire options he can provide. Or do you think it would be easier/cheaper to just order the tires separately?

You should think about a Cobra brake swap too if you're dropping some bills on your ride, talk to this man, he got the hardware for ya.
I would love to swap to cobra brakes but I'm not really sure all that's involved. I saw that one page that had a full write up but it was just too much to spend. I think I might want larger rotors but obviously I have to get more than just the rotors. I know the rear bracket is to keep the sc calipers for e-brake and larger pistons but I'm not sure about the front. I don't think I would want to spend more than 500 for that. The big problem I see is that whenever I sell my car it will be money wasted since I don't see myself wanting to swap back to the stock setup.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
245/40R19 is the same overall diameter as the original MN-12 tire size. 255/40R19 is slightly taller (about 0.4"), and more commonly available. I have that size on the front of my 95.

cheers
Ed N.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts