TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I want to build a forged monster

Here are my plans:

02 Explorer Aluminum Block (already have)
Stage III head porting /w bigger valves / retainers / springs
Cobra Oil Pump
Mark VIII Oil Pan
Manley SVT I-Beam Rods from karkraft

Now I don't know the best place for forged 6 bolt cranks and forged pistons.

Maybe Modmax?

thanks

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
the manley SVT rods are not as good as their customer marketed rods. ford is cheap.

stage III...stage VIII...whatever. there is really only one stage of porting.

see my post in the other thread.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
It depends on how much power you intend to make. I would probly ditch the allumnim block if you intend on making big power or going to be supercharged. I would not get the forged rods. The ones sold aftermarket are beter. You have to get a mark 8 pickup tube 97-98 and a set of billet oil pump gears if you have to ask why ask eecdoc. You do not need a forged crank unless you plan on turning it past 6000 rpm a lot or making more than 525 hp at the crank. I would shop arond on the pistons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blown96bird said:
It depends on how much power you intend to make. I would probly ditch the allumnim block if you intend on making big power or going to be supercharged. I would not get the forged rods. The ones sold aftermarket are beter. You have to get a mark 8 pickup tube 97-98 and a set of billet oil pump gears if you have to ask why ask eecdoc. You do not need a forged crank unless you plan on turning it past 6000 rpm a lot or making more than 525 hp at the crank. I would shop arond on the pistons.
I don't plan on making over 400 hp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts