TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
All fiberglass needs to be fitted, it's gottta be shaped and smoothed a little bit on the edges usually.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see.

What I really would like to know is:

Who the manufacture is.

Can I get it cheeper elsewhere.

Feedback from people that have this hood.

thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you don't mind a Mach 1 style hood, go with Cervinis. Had one on my '91 5.0 and loved it. The fit and finish was excellent. I wish they made hoods for other than the '89-'93's.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Or Design Concepts Mach 1 hood. $319. (Cheapest I've seen)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really not the crazy about the mach 1 hood, or other replica hoods. I really just want a normal cowl hood and the SCP is the only one I have ever seen. I don’t know if this thing is real, other then the one or two pics on that site I listen above. Does no one make this kind of hood. Does no one own it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Im sure super coupe performance gets it from someplace? Im sure they dont make them themselves .... maybe VFN ? or Erebuni?

VFN doesnt have ... here's Erebunis info ... and they are in Brooklyn

How can I order Erebuni products?
United States(inc. Puerto Rico and Territories) and Canadian Customers please call our sales department at 888-EREBUNI ext 203, with the part numbers of the items that you are interested in, to place your order. The sales person will quote you the current price for the item that you are interested in and the shipping costs for those items shipped to your door. We do not accept orders via the internet. All orders must be prepaid prior to shipping in one of the following ways: 1) Cash for local pick ups only, 2). Money Order, Bank Check or Certified Check, 3). Western Union Quick Collect, 4) Credit Cards: AMEX, Master Card, VISA and Discover.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=79019

seems like SCP gets their hoods from Fiber Concepts in PA

·
Registered
493 Posts
The hoods are F.O.B. from Pennsy not sure of the company mfg them. If I find out I'll let you know. I have to call Bill I just ordered the there RAM Air style hood.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll give SCP a call in the morning. Tried before but says they were closed till the 4th. Don’t know what for. Ill let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well the company's right but they moved again there no longer at that address they are still in Hatboro but had to move due to the complaints of smells from chemicals.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had a friend in PA pick up my hood from Fiber Concepts. They are laying up most of SCP hoods for Bill. I asked Rick how was the condition of the hood he said that the skin was smooth with no blems he also said that it was a two piece mold (skin and frame) that is seamed together and that they did a good job glassing the hood. I will get the hood Tuesday from Rick I will post on fit. prep and pics of the install.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great!

Would love to see it. Please keep us updated.

Also could we buy direct from them?

Do you have a direct number to them so i can call them, or a web site.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well I picked up the hood from my buddy when I was in York. Wed I went to Carlisle to my buddies area and while I was walking I noticed a display of hoods it was the guy that makes the hoods for SCP so he dose the meets another guy I know said he was also at a show two weeks before the Carlisle show somewhere earn Philly. I'm in the process of hanging the fender and then fitting the hood. I let you no how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tbird50sport said:
Im thinking of getting the SCP Cowl Style Fiberglass Hood - Fits '89-93 Thunderbirds. It has a 2 3/4 inch rise. It says that it needs fitment. What does this mean? Do i have to shave it. And who really makes this hood? Does anyone have this hood? If so what did you think of it.

This is the Link:

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?PartID=268

Thanks
I have one. My car is the blue 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII on his webpage. Sorry i didn't post on this earlier as I'm mostly posting on Lincolns of Distinction. I like the hood. It came in a nice smooth gelcoat finish and from what i was told from my painter needed only light scuffing and wetsanding before painting. I aggree about the 1/8" of center, but if you play around with the adjusting and hinges, you can get it set to within acceptible limits. It used to bother me when looked at it, but now i don't even notice.
I bought peel and stick Hush Mat from DEI corp to coat the underside. It supposedly protects against 900 degrees heat and i am putting it on underside of hood to protect the paint under the suggestion of my body man. He said the heat will cause the vapors to rise out of the fiberglass hood and make microscopic bubbles under the clearcoat that some of the mark 8's are prone to. The Mark VIII came with a two piece fiberglass/composite hood from factory and isnt all that heavy to start with. I mainly purchashed the Cobra R hood for clearance since im runing a 2001 SVT Cobra motor in there now, and have plans on a Kenne Bell blower in the future sometime. Once the Hush Mat is on there, i will have nullified the weight savings of the SCP hood, but still will have the clearance and more aggressive looks of it. The package is quite heavy like 5 -9 pounds with 10 sheets of material, enough to do the entire hood and some on my airbox im making for my conical air filter to protect against radiant heat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts