TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here got a line on an AED supercharger setup? I know they are hard as hell to find but am really wanting one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a line on 2 so far, one onsite but seller not sure yet if he wants to part with it. The other is local, it's on a 99 Ford F-150 with 2v 4.6. Will that one from a pickup fit my 4.6? Are they the same?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Not sure if the 99 F-150s had the PI or NPI heads, if it does have PI ports you can always up grade to PI heads. The kit should work.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Not sure if the 99 F-150s had the PI or NPI heads, if it does have PI ports you can always up grade to PI heads. The kit should work.
Only Rustangs had PI in '99.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since we can put a pi intake on non pi heads, could a pi allen kit work on a non pi head motor?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump, anyone with an answer on this?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I know npi to pi adapters exist. This is just speculation, but maybe those would work and are an avenue to investigate.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I would run adapter plates with both gaskets especially with a blown setup. I already use some on my regular pi intake on npi heads now. Probably one of the few parts I wont part with. But there are still places that sell them.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another question. I have a guy willing to sell an AED setup from a 99 F-150. It is a "Triton" 4.6. What's the diff between our 4.6 and a triton?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm not sure if you have seen my AED but its up for sale now. I'll have it up this week. It has a lot of work done to it, like the Magnum Power blower case, modded intake for the new blower case, gasket matched intake ports ect. The blower has about 7k miles on it, 3k of it was done in a 6 day trip. I will also be including a complete 8 rib pulley kit that includes idles and a big custom dampener. The pulleys and Magnum Powers case and intake work has no more than 50 miles on it. I also tapped the plenum for meth/water injection and will also consider including the meth/water system. This kit is off my Explorer and is the same as the 99-04 Mustangs kits. Its the last gen AED made of the RevII, S -Ported.

Shoot me a pm if your seriously interested and I will send you pics ect. It's off the car now, just got it back from its dyno pulls and was the first 2v/M90 to break 400+whp (434tq/401whp) on a power robbing Explorer.... has more in it still, was going to try and break 500whp, I know it would have, can tell you how. This was done with a big bore short block, Fox Lake Stage II PI heads, comp 262's, JBA shortys and 2.5'' true duals. Slush box, heavy Anteras on 295/40/20's, IRS, loooong drive shaft.

I have already sold my heads and cams. Also for sale is my Modular Performance build big bore short block, also with about 7k miles.

Let me know if you are interested in any of it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Another question. I have a guy willing to sell an AED setup from a 99 F-150. It is a "Triton" 4.6. What's the diff between our 4.6 and a triton?
I think "Triton" just means its a modular in a truck.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought a rev2 this mornin. Comes with coolant tank and pump, 2003 fuel rails and injectors. Now i will hunt for whatever else i need, starting with adapter plates.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Bought a rev2 this mornin. Comes with coolant tank and pump, 2003 fuel rails and injectors. Now i will hunt for whatever else i need, starting with adapter plates.
Nice.

What blower pulley did you get with it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts