TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 years after installing my AED,etc , I finally get a gtech RR to see how fast this bird really is. I dont know how accurate this thing is, but I have these results with wheelspin. Only made 1 run . Car weighed 4060 at the dumps scale.
1/4 13.839 @104.72
60' 2.406
330' 6.122
1/8 9.106 @ 83.75
1000' 11.679
60mph 5.408

Any comments on how to analyze these results?

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Take it to a real track and find out what it really runs...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
duh?

I would have done that if the nearest track wasnt 100 miles away. The gtech is just a toy and was curious how it really relates to real track times.........

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
I would have done that if the nearest track wasnt 100 miles away. The gtech is just a toy and was curious how it really relates to real track times.........
Not an excuse, the closest track to me is 150 miles away and I make the journey when I can...

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I would have done that if the nearest track wasnt 100 miles away.
LOL, why do I drive 140 miles to the track? :tongue:

The G-tech can be semi accurate but there are some exceptions.

IF it is accurate, your short times are slow but you're doing ok on the top end. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
125 miles to the track for me. I make the trip at least twice a year.

The only way to "analyze" your data/results is to take the unit to the track and run it against the track timing and compare the results. Otherwise, I'd have to agree with Driller...

"IF it is accurate, your short times are slow but you're doing ok on the top end."

Find out when the local track is open for a test & tune and get your car down there.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
my best times with my aed were 12.85 at 107.6 with a 1.87 60 ft time. My aed car had quite a bit more done to it more than most.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Lol, I drove 300 miles to go to the track! Only because no one in VA ever meets up. :rolleyes: It was worth chillin with the NC guys though.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, OK, I get it....

The track would be the right way to go...I guess I just procrastinate to much and have gotten a bit lazy.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have and used an original Gtech when they came out......they are okay for 14-15 second cars.......they will be close.....it is a fun toy, but a toy is all it is.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
What kind of set up is on your AED car?

I had a stock NPI, 373 gears, MTs and little things here and there.

13.2 @ 103

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
3.73 gears 3000 stall 9 1/2 inch converter, kooks headers pi motor. art dual exhaust. that is what I used to have. with my torq tech I have run 12.49 at 109.17

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
If I were to do it all over, I would have gone with a SVO supercharger kit. Those Tork Tech kits are a waste of money when somehow the Carolina guys are running 11's and low 12's all day with the SVO. I don't know why I ever messed with AED or thinking about the Tork Tech. Not doggen you Blown96Bird, just giving my .02

·
Registered
631 Posts
Lol, I drove 300 miles to go to the track! Only because no one in VA ever meets up. :rolleyes: It was worth chillin with the NC guys though.:D
You need to go over to sccoa. The guys down your way go out quite a bit. They go to Genro's and hit up the 1/8 mile at Hertford.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts