TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at these mufflers, and I've never even heard of them.
Anyone have a clue if they are any good, the souls great on a 98' 4.6l Mustang GT, so I'm sure I can put them on the bird, but I want no lack of performance.
Still, they sound amazing.
http://www.aeroexhaust.com/mufflers/aero-exhaust-at2525.html

Closest comparible sound to what it would sound like.
http://youtu.be/ZvM5J8gtV2Y
It's a 05 Crown Vic, should have an Aluminum 2v 4.6.
http://youtu.be/lTkAkVNNRfM
This really seems to sound like a 4v, but I know it isn't.

·
Super Moderator
17,171 Posts
Crown Vics are iron block, the only aluminum block 2Vs made were made for Explorers and the only aluminum block Panthers were Marauders

One thing of note, muffler placement makes a big difference in overall tone and MN12s can only hang dual mufflers out back, whereas Mustangs and Crown Vics mount them in the middle under the rear seat. What sounds good on one may not sound good on the other and vice versa.

Oh and as a 4V snob it still sounds like a 2V to me :tongue:

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crown Vics are iron block, the only aluminum block 2Vs made were made for Explorers and the only aluminum block Panthers were Marauders

One thing of note, muffler placement makes a big difference in overall tone and MN12s can only hang dual mufflers out back, whereas Mustangs and Crown Vics mount them in the middle under the rear seat. What sounds good on one may not sound good on the other and vice versa.

Oh and as a 4V snob it still sounds like a 2V to me :tongue:
It seems I'll be the test dummy on these AeroTurbines for our cars.
They seem to be okay. They sound amazing on those.

Snob away, I don't care. Your Cougar is one of the best looking on the site, so it's all good.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This looks like it's gonna be my first mod(besides a sound system) and it looks like I'll be the only one that's done it. I'll have a video when I do!

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one at all has used this brand?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sound

Wonder what they would sound like on a 3.8 SC.....and yep- placement is limited on the SC's- but may be worth a try!

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wonder what they would sound like on a 3.8 SC.....and yep- placement is limited on the SC's- but may be worth a try!
Want to be the test dummies for this exhaust on our cars?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
It sounds like a gimmick with regards to the performance increase. They claim to do what tuned longtube headers do for an engine---with only a muffler change. If you do install these, do it for the sound, not performance increase. On a stock car, they will perform just as good as any larger, free-flowing exhaust muffler would do, if anything.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Interesting design

I think it's a combination of your standard cherry bomb resonater and your standard baffled muffler.

I'm not sure how good it would do at eliminating the high pitched noises that "hurt" your ears as most of the exhaust flow will take the path of least resistance -- aka going straight down the center like a $30-40 cherry bomb.

I guess the sound waves from the exhaust that gets redirected to the outside might might cancel out some of the higher pitched noises but I suspect the drone might get annoying in a daily driver.

I also wonder how much different the sound would be on this than a similar "Spiral Flow" muffler. Those can be had for 1/2 the price.

-g

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Notice how a lot of the automotive gimmicks have something that causes gases (whether intake or exhaust) to swirl? Note how none of them actually work as to their claims, lol.

JL2, I say go for it, you have nothing to lose, as practically anything is better than the stock stuff, and you'll have something unique. If I was closer to you, I'd weld it up for free just to see how it sounds in person. Of course I'd need to cut it open first to take some measurements of the internals to study it :tongue:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
My brother had an aero turbine muffler on his Grand Cherokee. It sounded horrible, but I think thats more a product of having a straight thru type muffler on a 4.0 I6 Jeep engine than the muffler itself. The build and material quality of the muffler itself seemed to be pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts