TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
Hmm...I've always liked those kits. Too bad it is so far away, and a base V6. Might be a good candidate for an SC swap though. How far are you from this car, and would you be willing to go check it out for me?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Gross...

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hmm...I've always liked those kits. Too bad it is so far away, and a base V6. Might be a good candidate for an SC swap though. How far are you from this car, and would you be willing to go check it out for me?
I'm not too far away, I'd check it out for ya being a chicago car its probably rotted inside and outy

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
You got a long way to go. Guess you have no clue what's rotting away there.

Wow, I forgot about that kit.
Wish I had seen it at all before today. lol

Or just out of your reach. Ain't gross, just not your taste!

YUCK! Just another chapter of "How to ruin a Thunderbird".
Think so' seeing it my self today for the first time I think the story behind the wind channel makes more sense. Read up on it!

I'm not too far away, I'd check it out for ya being a chicago car its probably rotted inside and outy
Please, take all the pics you can. That's just sick. What would it look like with some TLC and 345's in the back.
We may never see this again for that price, it's 2013!
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
that car has a lot of potential with someone that knows what they are doing imo. 4.6 with a blower built up right... FAT rear tires and molding that kit in right, yeaht that thing would look awesome imo. Good luck and hope it finds a good TCCoA home.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
that car has a lot of potential with someone that knows what they are doing imo. 4.6 with a blower built up right... FAT rear tires and molding that kit in right, yeaht that thing would look awesome imo. Good luck and hope it finds a good TCCoA home.
x 2. Hope someone has the funds. Maybe members should donate to TCCoA to buy it.
My imagination is getting wings again, this time I wish I had the $ for it.
He's listing it for 1.2 , my guess is, if he sees cash, 850 - 900 takes it.
Don't I hate to live in a Apartment. :mad:

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I actually kind of like this body kit -- just like i kind of like the old 850.
Too bad a widebody tbird won't fit in my garage (the tbird barely fits in the garage as is).
-g

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
You got a long way to go. Guess you have no clue what's rotting away there.

Wish I had seen it at all before today. lol

Or just out of your reach. Ain't gross, just not your taste!

Think so' seeing it my self today for the first time I think the story behind the wind channel makes more sense. Read up on it!

Please, take all the pics you can. That's just sick. What would it look like with some TLC and 345's in the back.
We may never see this again for that price, it's 2013!
Thanks.
A long way to go?

I don't care how rare it might be, It's absolutely hideous. Reminds me of the god awful kits they put on "special" Marks viii's.

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
I would definitely appreciate it. My concerns are rust, interior condition, and since he says it runs and drives, if it looks like it would make a trip back to NJ. I don't have a whole lot to spend on it right now, and I'm not up for cutting the kit off and putting it on another car, so if the body is rotting away, then I'll pass, but if all it needs is mechanicals and some fiberglass repair, I would love to own one of these style birds, and I would probably part out my SC and swap the whole drivetrain into that car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would definitely appreciate it. My concerns are rust, interior condition, and since he says it runs and drives, if it looks like it would make a trip back to NJ. I don't have a whole lot to spend on it right now, and I'm not up for cutting the kit off and putting it on another car, so if the body is rotting away, then I'll pass, but if all it needs is mechanicals and some fiberglass repair, I would love to own one of these style birds, and I would probably part out my SC and swap the whole drivetrain into that car.
Mikey, good luck! Hope you are able to rescue this one and bring her back to NJ. It's not to everyone's taste but it sure is unique. ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,477 Posts
Mikey, good luck! Hope you are able to rescue this one and bring her back to NJ. It's not to everyone's taste but it sure is unique. ;)
They actually look much better in person than they do in pictures. There used to be a white 89SC around my area that had the kit on it, and it really changes the look of the car. I've wanted one since I first saw it, 13 years ago, but they were a very limited production, and the kit wasn't made any more by the time I knew about it (not that I could have afforded it at 17 years old anyway) and any car that had the kit on it was kept nice and they wanted way too much money for it. This is honestly the first time I have ever seen a car with that kit for sale for less than $7K! Then again, its also the first time seeing that kit on a base V6.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts