TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of pics of the Aerocatch hood latches on the car-turned out good, and was a fairly painless install.

Not cheap at just over $100 for the locking version,but a really nice product that looks much nicer than a crappy set of rusty silver pins poking through the hood, plus it'll keep the hood on the car instead of relying on the latch and playing a little Russian Roulette with your safety and the safety of others.
JL

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i know some guy in tejas who does headlights ;)

those are pretty badass JL, how do they lock down?

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Great Obucina said:

those are pretty badass JL, how do they lock down?
I've got a new set of lights here for it,and it gets paint next week.
www.aerocatch.com
they've got a nice demo on their site.
JL

·
Registered
461 Posts
They look real nice. I like it more then the pins variation. ::thumbs up::

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Is that a custom, (as in one-off), hood, Johnny? 'Never seen one quite like it. 'Can't wait to see pics of it painted!

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johnaec said:
Is that a custom, (as in one-off), hood, Johnny? 'Never seen one quite like it. 'Can't wait to see pics of it painted!
It's the bolt-on VFN hood.
JL

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
The Great Obucina said:
beat me to it, joe. JL, whatcha doing with the old ones? nice latches, btw.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
big mike said:
beat me to it, joe. JL, whatcha doing with the old ones? nice latches, btw.
I'll most likely hang onto them,and clean them up a bit.
JL

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
bringing this back from the dead.

Okay, I have been wondering about something. I still run my stock hood, and will continue to run it for a while. I was wanting to know if deleting the factory hood latch, and installing some type of hood pins or these aerocatch types, would be enough to hold the hood in place without the factory latch?

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Okay, I have been wondering about something. I still run my stock hood, and will continue to run it for a while. I was wanting to know if deleting the factory hood latch, and installing some type of hood pins or these aerocatch types, would be enough to hold the hood in place without the factory latch?
As solid as these are-I don't see that being a problem.
JL

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the Aerocatch hood latches on the car-turned out good, and was a fairly painless install.

Not cheap at just over $100 for the locking version,but a really nice product that looks much nicer than a crappy set of rusty silver pins poking through the hood, plus it'll keep the hood on the car instead of relying on the latch and playing a little Russian Roulette with your safety and the safety of others.
JL
Nice Job. I have the same laying around here since September. But still waiting to have the Paint job finally finished. Can you post a pic from the inside? And how did you transfer the Pin location to the Hood? Take some measurements and with the Hood closed drill straight down? Thanks.

-Maic

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice Job. I have the same laying around here since September. But still waiting to have the Paint job finally finished. Can you post a pic from the inside? And how did you transfer the Pin location to the Hood? Take some measurements and with the Hood closed drill straight down? Thanks.

-Maic
Considering it's been almost 3 years since I put them on the car,I honestly can't remember exactly. I do know it took me a long time to measure and mark before drilling/cutting anything.
JL

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Considering it's been almost 3 years since I put them on the car,I honestly can't remember exactly. I do know it took me a long time to measure and mark before drilling/cutting anything.
JL
Thats what i do for living, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks anyway!

-Maic

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts

I have those and looked yesterday to install them. There is no way to make them a easy fit on a stock hood. Yes they look of good solid quality but for the stock hood is to much mod/fabrication required.
Those who "Zero_Profile" posted may be the way to go with a stock Hood.

-Maic

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I have those and looked yesterday to install them. There is no way to make them a easy fit on a stock hood. Yes they look of good solid quality but for the stock hood is to much mod/fabrication required.
Those who "Zero_Profile" posted may be the way to go with a stock Hood.

-Maic
thanks for the heads up man.......I've been doing a little looking latley, and I think you're right...these may not work correctly.
I might just make my own....might as well...have to make everything else feels like.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Those the Old Latches/Pin's.
No way i would go this Route again with the new Paint.

-Maic

1 - 20 of 26 Posts