TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the aerospace electric water pump and guess what? It doesn't come with an idler pulley. Seeing as how I don't use the power steering either, I decided to make an idler bracket that will allow me to still run the alternator with my new setup. I should have pics up in the next day or two.

Has anyone come up with some belt routing solutions other than no belt?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics as promised

Pulley mounted

I will get pics on the car when my test subject returns.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bounty...so strong it even acts like an idler!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
umm, now mount it to the wp so i can see the big picture. im still debating on the pump you have there, and the maizer(sp) one. things are moving slowly on my build but the block is at the machine shop now. brought it in at lunch today.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It will have to wait till later Vic. My sister's car is the test subject and she isn't around. It actually mounts above the water pump independetly. it sits right and down of the alternator. I will get you pics though.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pics mounted

Sorry for the small pics. Camera phones.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Since the old pump is still there I assume the electric pump is inline? If it is, couldnt you "machine" off the impeller so you will still have a WP pulley?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since the old pump is still there I assume the electric pump is inline? If it is, couldnt you "machine" off the impeller so you will still have a WP pulley?
I should have clarified that the electric pump will replace the stock one in the factory location. The design wasn't done on my car, hence the stock water pump.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Well cool. Since thats a grooved pulley, I would suspect that the belt will come from the crank to the idler, to the alternator and from there back to the crank it is stock. You should post up some pics when you get it installed. :D

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well cool. Since thats a grooved pulley, I would suspect that the belt will come from the crank to the idler, to the alternator and from there back to the crank it is stock. You should post up some pics when you get it installed. :D
You are correct in your routing. I will post pics but it wont be until the spring. I don't see any point in mounting it until then. I just wanted to make sure my bracket would fit while I had access to my dads mill and lathe:D

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
ohh i see how your doing this. was a little confused on the routing on the belt. your just using the bracket pulley to push the belt to the dr side away from the wp.
now is there only 1 bolt holding it on? whats holding it from rotating? and are you using it as a tensioner also?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ohh i see how your doing this. was a little confused on the routing on the belt. your just using the bracket pulley to push the belt to the dr side away from the wp.
now is there only 1 bolt holding it on? whats holding it from rotating? and are you using it as a tensioner also?

There are two bolts holding the bracket on (one alternator, one timing cover) and one bolt (longer timing cover (same that holds bracket) with a washer holding the pulley. It is essentially the same design as the idler pulley near the tensioner. It is a slight press fit so I'm sure it will not rotate or anything once tightened down.

I'm not using it as a tensioner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts