TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can just swap to a 94-95 Mustang throttle cable. Kind of along the same lines as doing the Mustang spindle swap. Then you could just use Mustang TBs and not have to worry about it any more.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noone has anything to say about this idea? I guess I will just have to find a 94-95 mustang with an owner cool enough to let me take stuff off his car to see if it'll fit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ummm... im not sure aobut this... but i dont think it would work... the 94/95 stang had a AODE on it, so i dont think it had a TV cable because i think the kickdown was controlled electronicly by the TPS.

So If you have a 5-sp swap already in your car it might work... if you dont i wouldnt bother trying... it would be a waste of time.

but like i said... im not sure, ive never seen under the hood of an automatic 94/95 mustang... everyone that i know knows better anf has a 5-sp

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
ummm...there is no mustang spindle swap...they have a macpherson strut suspension, we have a SLA suspension.

John

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tbirdfive0- thanks I totally fogot about the aode

dode said:
ummm...there is no mustang spindle swap...they have a macpherson strut suspension, we have a SLA suspension.

John
I was talking about swapping to the Mustang bolt pattern. Sorry if I got the details screwy, it was just an example.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Dude, don't worry about Dode, he's just in a pissy mood because he stood outside in the rain trying to replace his hinge pins today.

God that sucked. You see...unfortunately I was the idiot who volunteered to hold the door while it was off the car...when it started raining, he headed inside to keep dry while I stood in his driveway for 2 hours crying and getting rained on.

Something like that anyways...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ha ha ha...you lie like a dog Dan...I asked if you wanted to do yours first, but noooooo...now I am the one driving to work with only one hinge pin in my door. I am daring aren't I?

John

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Oh, it really isn't too bad...just takes a while to do the grinding. Dan's just the whiney type.

John

·
Registered
970 Posts
Amen on that whiney thing.

John....you drove to work with your car like that???? Idiot. You shoulda driven the TBird!

Hope your door makes it all of the way home with you tonight!

-danimal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts