TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed someone was running a Crane cam, but I didn't see a listing on their web site.

I'm about to rebuild my V6 and am interested in upgrading the camshaft. Any info. is appreciated?

Rob

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
rguy said:
how can I get in touch with them? Do they have a website?

Rob
Click on the "ask here" link to talk to knowledgeable SCers...including Dr. Fred.

Coy Miller has the fastest super Coupe on record, Click Here

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm running a Coy 1

I Love my Coy 1. It's a really great upgrade for a mildly bolted on engine. It's not a "Heavy Hitter" though. You should upgrade your exhaust before installing this, or any performance cam.

68COUGAR

·
11,719 Posts
Re: I'm running a Coy 1

68COUGAR said:
I Love my Coy 1. It's a really great upgrade for a mildly bolted on engine. It's not a "Heavy Hitter" though. You should upgrade your exhaust before installing this, or any performance cam.

68COUGAR
Sc owners need to upgrade their exhaust before driving it, much less modding it! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I'm running a Coy 1

68COUGAR said:

68COUGAR
I assume this is in a SC'd V6, right? what are the specs. on it compared to stock? How much was it?

Thanks.

·
11,719 Posts
Re: Re: I'm running a Coy 1

rguy said:

I assume this is in a SC'd V6, right? what are the specs. on it compared to stock? How much was it?

Thanks.
Yes 68 cougar owns a SC.

You send him the stock unit, he sends it back with new grind. $165
See Here
Sorry don't know specs. He didn't list them on his site. Call and ask him, he might tell you if you were serious about buying a cam.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Re: I'm running a Coy 1

GreenBird said:

he might tell you if you were serious about buying a cam.

:)

I'm not buying a cam from anyone that doesn't tell me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well Coy probably won't be selling it to you. I don't think him (nor other high performance guys), like to give out their secrets

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ok.

I guess it's just me, but I like to know what I'm buying. I can't imagine that by telling me what I need to know the super charged V6 market will crumble.

I wonder how the major cam manufactures are able to advertise cam specs. and stay in business.

Don't get me wrong...I don't mind paying for it. I just need to know what it is.

Thanks.

Rob

·
11,719 Posts
rguy said:
ok.

I guess it's just me, but I like to know what I'm buying. I can't imagine that by telling me what I need to know the super charged V6 market will crumble.

I wonder how the major cam manufactures are able to advertise cam specs. and stay in business.

Don't get me wrong...I don't mind paying for it. I just need to know what it is.

Thanks.

Rob
Well, do ask Coy, and if he won't tell you, go talk to Dr. Fred.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Dr. Fred doesn't like giving out his specs either, :p

Although he will make a cam for you on the specs you provide

·
Registered
437 Posts
Coy 1 Pushrods

If you get a Coy 1, you MUST also get the pushrods with it. The base circle of the Coy cams is smaller than the OEM cam. You must make up for the smaller base circle, with longer pushrods. I believe that the pushrods are .080" longer.

I pd. $300 for my cam & pushrods. I think Ryan got his for $250 though.

68COUGAR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts