TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do guys have them wired? Mine stopped working so im lookin at another wiring route. I dont like wires just being jammed into a fuse panel (came that way from previous owner). Any insight?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Firm Believer in Isolation Relays...

I have mine wired as follows:

Primary wire connected to the "post" on the fuse box
Wired to a 30 Amp slow blow fuse
Wired to the common of a 30 Amp, two outlet, N/O automotive relay
Then from the two outlets of the relay to the individual fog lamps.

To trigger the relay, I just tapped onto one of the low beam leads and ran it to the trigger post on the relay. The ground for the trigger (on the other side of the coil of the relay) is just grounded to the same hole that mounts the relay.

The only drawback is that there is no individual switch inside the car and the fog lights are always on when low beams are on.

That’s just how I wired mine and it keeps all the load off any switches.

·
Registered
610 Posts
ZackG said:
How do guys have them wired? Mine stopped working so im lookin at another wiring route. I dont like wires just being jammed into a fuse panel (came that way from previous owner). Any insight?
I tapped off a wire bundle from the unused info center. Since my car didn't come with that option. I ran a seperate relay so I can control when they go on and off. I think the factory telling me when to use them is bogus.

My .02

Jim Long

·
Registered
7,557 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have mine wired directly to the battery, with the relay getting power via tapping into the autolamp module next to the headlight switch. That way my foglamp relay switch only turns on when my lights are on.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I wired mine a tiny switch, it has a red and green LEDs inside. when they are off, the button glows red, when they are on, it glows green. I mounted it just in back of where the center console meets the dash.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Back when I had the fog lights on I was bored one day and wired them up to two separate switches. Indepent control of each.

Preston

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, i got some ideas now. 94 Daily Driven 4.6L: when you say the post on the fuse box, what exactly do you mean? The ppl who had the car before me just got a wire and jammed it into 1 of the fuse holes w/ an inline fuse goin to the interior. baaaaad idea. im just lookin for somewhere for tap off the power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts