TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wanting to upgrade to a aftermarket ignition set up for some time now. but there are so many different set up's available. you can mix and match and what not. but i found this crane ignition box for fords.....
SEE LINK.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CRN-6000-6301&N=700+115&autoview=sku

has anyone used this set up before or heard anything positive/negitive about this...im looking for something other than OEM to support my 4.3L stoker, and dont want to overlook anything...if you know of something better than this please let me know...and will a reburn on a chip be required?

thanks,
TYLER

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I know for a fact that Dave Neilbert, has recently ran a 10.68 in the 1/4 with an OEM ignition box.......unless you plan on running even faster times, the factory piece should be just fine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I also agree,, ford has one of the best ignitions around! use the stock stuff otherwise its all a waste of $$$

Good set of wires and plugs is all you need

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent, reponse's guy's. Thanks so much! i was almost going to buy it... !

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
My buddy has that item on his powerdyne 5L foxbody. It's great if you're running boost or nitrous on a stock computer and want to avoid going to a tuner, etc. It can program like 2 rev limits, advance/retard timing VIA GM MAP sensor, RPM switch. It's a pretty cool piece, but you could do the same with an EEC tuner.
-Thomas

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
It seems like when it comes to ignition parts, a lot of people replace their OEM stuff with aftermarket parts and come back saying "Man, there's so much of an improvement over stock!" Well, "stock" had 200k miles on it and was 20 years old. ANYTHING would be an improvement over a worn out ignition system.

As was said, the stock stuff pumps plenty of current. If you were turning 9 grand on that motor, then maybe it would be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts