TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so went out with my dad today and he finally got his new vehicle since his van got totalled...now has a 09 tacoma, and it got me thinking
it came with keyless entry, this is the first car we've ever had with this feature, and i was just wondering what is out there in the aftermarket world for just a keyless entry feature nothing fancy just something that will work well. Also how hard is the install (ive done radios and speakers before and just finished doing gauge faces.
any help is once again as always appreciated!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Many stereo shops and many other mecahnical shops sell various alarm and remote start systems - most all of them also include keyless entry. Last one I had installed ran less than $200 installed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah there is place around offering a remote start for $149, im assuming it comes with keyless entry... i guess thats not a bad deal?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't assume it comes with keyless entry. The place I went to cost $149 and was just Remote Start. Keyless entry would have been (40 I think) on top of that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, no i would def check since i dont really even want the remote start just the keyless entry, but hey if its both why not

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
yeah, no i would def check since i dont really even want the remote start just the keyless entry, but hey if its both why not
There are kits on ebay for under $50. A keyless entry isn't that bad to install, remote start is a bit more involved.

I believe the wires are in the drivers side kickpanel. You may need two relays to make it work.

However, If you are not confident about wiring, its best to get it professionally installed...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts