TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me and other Ontario drag racers out, by signing this petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/sect1722/petition.html

Our Minister of Transportation wants to make it ILLEGAL to have any kind of aftermarket PERFORMANCE parts on our cars. This will pretty much shut down every speed shop, kill the wheel/tire market, and make us all miserable. Drag racing will be limited to non-street cars.

So far there are over 5000 signatures already, and even if you aren't from Ontario your support is needed and appreciated. Because if one province or state gets this up and running - the rest fall like domino's.

Please sign,

Kevin.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Don't sign it unless you are in Ontario, that would be considered fraud.

On one hand this sucks because of what you said. On the other hand it squashes the Ricers like the bugs they are.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
YOU

POOR

[email protected]@RDS

:uppoint:

If it's really that bad you could goto the press and claim that your his gay lover.... :rofl:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fraud? Hmm - plenty of other non-Ontario people have signed. It affects people who want to drive in Ontario as well. I have some Crown Vic friends coming from all over the US this June to tour the factory, and we're going drag racing after. With this law - we can't do that.

Also with this law - both my cars are illegal to drive :(.

Yeah - this sucks.

Greenbird - it'll be worth it too keep customizing my cars :uppoint: !

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
MercCougarXR7 said:
Fraud? Hmm - plenty of other non-Ontario people have signed. It affects people who want to drive in Ontario as well. I have some Crown Vic friends coming from all over the US this June to tour the factory, and we're going drag racing after. With this law - we can't do that.

Also with this law - both my cars are illegal to drive :(.

Yeah - this sucks.

Greenbird - it'll be worth it too keep customizing my cars :uppoint: !

I guess your laws are different. Here if there is a petition for one state or one city, if you sign it and you don't live or work there...

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
Why am I not surprised to see this law from Ontario? Man, that province is so messed up. Anyway, good luck to you Ontario folk trying to get it quashed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stupid Bill 241

Yeah I've heard all about this BS we have. I've sent nasty e-mail and am in the process of sending a letter to our premier (the genius that he is). This really cheeses me off because Iam in college taking automotive and this is exactly what I want to get into is the automotive aftermarket, this bill would leave me out of a job. I will organize a protest @ Ottawa if I get enough support. This is absolute garbage. There would be so many jobs lost and a lot of angry hotrodders such as ourselves. Lets go blow some of our exhaust in their face.
My Rant.
Donnie

·
Registered
709 Posts
dman

now I want an SC more than ever... if I had an SC then I would not need or want to upgrade the performance of my car!

Jake

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
That attempt of a law is for real, but it won't float. It is kind of like our pathetic gun control legislation. There is no viable way to control modifications to a car like Ontario is trying to do. For example, how would somebody know if I had PI cams in my 96 4.6 Tbird?

·
Registered
709 Posts
gezz

why don't they just go after the street racers?? Undercover civics!! real Ricecops!
jake

1 - 13 of 13 Posts