TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hmm, I've heard some things about them, but that price looks pretty tempting. I plan on going to the 96+ headlights, and that hood would close the gap up nicely. Maybe someone else will chime in before I hit the "bid" button, lol....

Jay

·
Registered
203 Posts
that is a pretty good price, they say there's like a 15-20 day wait on their website.

anyone know how hard it would be to fit that to a Cougar with the 96/97 front?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm almost postive that'll fit on a car with the 96/97 front end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i had an age classic hood on my 95 tbird, i loved it, had some minor flaws but those came out fairly easily (so im told by my body guy) untill the truck hit it.

You should bid before i do, i want to get a new one for my 96 bird,

Theintrusion4.6 : that hood should fit a cougar no problem except the chrome piece for the hood wont bolt on to the best of my knowledge,

EDIT: use hood pins though, my latch never lined up properly :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered one on Feb 2 and did not get it until last weekend. I am having quite a bit of fitment issues with it, too. I got the lines to match up in the front and the rear, then got a rather large gap form over the drivers wheel. The latch assembly had to be moved up nearly 1/2 in (which required a fabricated mount) and the hinges had to be modified. I am not real happy with it, but they were small enough that the average joe didn't notice it until I pointed it out. I guess it's buyer beware.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
but thats true with ANY fiberglass, custom made part. its modify to fit half the time

·
Registered
64 Posts
thats the problem with fiberglass, youll get 3 good ones out of every 10 you make, i guess i was just somewhat luckey last time, hopefully ill get away with that again, i was seriously looking at the lagendary hoods ram air style but with all the problems i have been hearing i think ill just go back to age classic again.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
It was listed under T-bird, not thunderbird. It was only a 3 or 4 day auction too it looks like

·
Registered
571 Posts
Any hoods for a 94-95? Also If I were to upgrade to a 97 could I get a new hood and headlights and keep my existing bumper or will there be to much of a gap? I have big plans for my bird and I'm not talking about simple mods. I'm talking about some really heavy body work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts