TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a horrible horrible abomination, what with being on my wagon kick lately, it's a 1977 Mercury Cougar WAGON!!!!!!!:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Oh thats pimpin lol...check out them phatty rims. Is that a production car, or was someone really bored??

Greg

·
Registered
253 Posts
Almost looks like the old Clark Griswold mobile from Nat. Lampoons Vacation....

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a real car, I heard there was a sorta rare,(read horrible idea), wagon produced for a short amount of time. Sucks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
say what you will, but for a wagon, I sorta like it...............

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
ford-fox.org has plenty about that and other crazy Fox chassis cars.

I like wagons too... I'm trying to negotiate a '93 Buick Roadmaster, we'll see.......

·
Registered
526 Posts
Compared to the ones in the links Chizep posted, that one IS sweet!

That 82 Cougar stations wagon does the name so much damage!

·
8,239 Posts
My dad used to have a 79 cougar coupe. It looked just like that wagon body style but his was black with the pimp gold cloth top, and the pimp gold wheels. If I recall correctly it had a carb'ed 302 in it. That thing was a dog, and it was pretty tacky looking. I'll see if i can scan some pics of it when it was new.

JH

·
Registered
121 Posts
:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Here's something cool to look at to neutralize the shock of seeing a 4-door stationwagon Cougar.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
It reminds me of our 1974 Chrysler Town & Country wagon - the thing weighed as much as a truck... but man the 440 V8 under the hood ran forever - with a cracked block no less. we added 1qt coolant every week, for years... the only reason we got rid of it was that it rusted too badly.

Looked like this, only with that generic 70's light green wiith a slight metallic, not blue.

BTW I'd own one... talk about a tow car for the races (hmm what were we doing with the 74 :) ) or a great car to run for parts in :)

Tom

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
It reminds me of our 1974 Chrysler Town & Country wagon - the thing weighed as much as a truck... but man the 440 V8 under the hood ran forever - with a cracked block no less. we added 1qt coolant every week, for years... the only reason we got rid of it was that it rusted too badly.

Tom
I've got a 67 chrysler 300 with a 440. it sat for 10 years, I gave it a tune up and new battery and it started right away. truely amazing engine. the body is in pristine condition. Love that car. It's a boat too. one of those trunk-longer-than-the-hood things.
-Thomas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts