TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can i do its the driver side rear sensor and its stuck in there how can i get it out ive already rounded some of the bolt any ideas? BTW i tried heat and peantrating oil.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Sounds like you didn't use a flare wrench, which is made for pipe fittings. That's what you should have used.

Perhaps you will have to drop the exhaust system, so you can get a set of vice grips on it. There is not much room to work with, if the exhaust system is attached.

·
Registered
490 Posts
To bad you'd never be able to get that socket on that rear o2. It faces up...right? I'm sure you can hardly even get a wrench in there without lowering the exhaust. Right? Since you're replacing the sensor anyway....get yourself a good sized vise grip and clamp that sucker on as tight as possible and slip a good leverage bar on the vise grip and give it hell. If that doesn't break it free aint nuthin' gonna. :saeek: :saeek: :saeek: :saeek: You'd think they'd of put those damn things in better locations....i mean damn!!!! Ever replace the front passenger side o2? Damn!!!!

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
did u try vise grips. also, try PB penetrant, its really good stuff. on a side note, use two sets of vise grips, one to clamp onto the sensor, another to turn the knob on the vise grips. good luck.

joseph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts