TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep hearing this really annoying squeak from the drivers side wheel area. It is like ughhhh squeak squeak squeak squeak. When it first started it was barely noticeable but it gets worse and worse everyday. Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it.
thx

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ahhhh come on anyone. This squeaking is killing me, first off it is embarassing and second it is very annoying.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
When does it happen? when you go over a bump? when you turn left?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it happens at all times when the car is in motion. It sounds like its something to do with the wheel or brake rotor or something.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I know you said it happens all the time in motion but does it imedietly happen when you first start to drive it or does it start after a mile or 2?? If so its probably the brake rotors and pads. If it happens no matter what then i think it could possibly be a wheel bearing starting to fail

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a problem like and I finally realized that my brake shield (sorry not sure what to call it) was rubbing on the rotor. This is the thin aluminum plate on the back of the rotor that is attached to the spindle. They are easy to bend. And if your rotors are warped like mine were, then you get a periodic grinding/hissing noise.
Perch

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
My car makes that noise too. from the left fron even. The ticking sound that is. I don't have any idea what it is. I replaced all the suspension last year so nothing is just worn out. I inspected everything real good and didn't see anything askew. I agree, that it is an annoying sound. But I am pretty sure it isn't anything to worry about. Be sure to post up though if you figure out how to get rid of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts