TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sucked it up via the intake vacuum line, goes into the TB on the right side, then goes to the rear of the bay to a "T" then it goes to the brake booster and someplace.. well anyways: Got a ruber hose, had the engine running, started to suck it up and it died.. so I had my father give it some gas, sucked it up slowly, still wanted to die and he had trouble keeping the engine alive... got 1/3rd of the bottle in there, shut it off for 10 minutes, started it up and mucho White Smoke... =) Not a whole lot, enough to be cool... 97 4.6L with 99k.. =) 1/3rd in the tank, and another 1/3rd in the crankcase. So far so good.. =) Love this stuff. GP on some Sea Foam maybe? =P I'll get pics later =)

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
the key is to feed it in SLOWLY so that you don't hydrolock your engine.

No need to do a group buy... it's cheap enough, plus when you start getting into shipping it's not worth it...

Glad it worked for ya

John

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
It's not water so it wont hydrolock. Seafoam is actually good for breaking loose hydrolocked motors. The reason it dies is because it's a liquid and cannot compress like air does, so the engine dies. Just start it up again and pull the throttle cable some to keep the idle up and let it suck in. :)
-Thomas

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the thing, I tried letting it "sip" it, but I accidently went in to far.. got anxious.. =) But yeah, it got it in and it was good. Anyone with a higher mileage car shoudl use some seafoam. Won't hurt. Also it says you can use it ever 2k - 5k.. so It doesn't hurt if used every 6 months.... to keep the engine clean.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I did mine on Friday and didn't get too much smoke. I pulled out of my driveway and it smoked a little bit for about 300 feet. I did it twice in about an hour just in case I didn't do it correctly the first time and the second time got no smoke at all. Its good stuff though. Car feels like it did before the stereo.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I never knew what color it was... lol, I just opened up the bottle and poured away...

I ran it a second time at regular idle and it must of pooled up.... When I hit the throttle all I saw was smoke... lol Needless to say, there wasn't a mosquito in the area for about 3 hours!

John

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Car feels like it did before the stereo.
thats only because of car weight reduction, you know because of all those things falling off because of the sub
or because of soo much of the voice coil burned up!:uppoint:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
tbirdbrain said:

thats only because of car weight reduction, you know because of all those things falling off because of the sub
or because of soo much of the voice coil burned up!:uppoint:
Stuff that fell off is back on. I nver realized how important a rear view mirror is until I didn't have one.

As for the coils, they ain't burnin. They just gettin really hot. :D

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
Thomas said:
It's not water so it wont hydrolock.
Any incompressible liquid can hydrolock an engine, it doesn't have to be water.

-Rod

·
Registered
627 Posts
racecougar said:

Any incompressible liquid can hydrolock an engine, it doesn't have to be water.

-Rod
Yep... gasoline can hydrolock a motor. Trust me, I've seen one. Motorcycles with leaking carbs and petcocks turned on all the time can be bad for their own health. Didn't help that he had leaking rings, and there was so much gasoline in his oil it was a solvent instead of a lubricant.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Ahh, good point, that skipped my mind for some reason.
-Thomas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts