TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bumped my 95 RX7 into a SUV. Insurance paid for repair but 3 months later the air bag light is flashing a 4-3 code. Insurance says it will not pay for this. However, I can not find a air bag sensor, new or used, to fix this flashing. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this fixed? I greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
IMG_2162.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
Start by checking the connection on that side - heck, both sides while you're at it. I had the same problem and it was just a loose sensor connection. If it's not that I have a spare I could sell you. where are you located at? I hate this new format where locations aren't directly listed with user info.

A minor bump like that shouldn't damage the sensor. Look closely at it and see if there's any obvious damage.

·
Super Moderator
10,375 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,898 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,375 Posts
Thanks, Ralph. :)

I always go to the JY, but I don't assume someone is in the US anymore. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Start by checking the connection on that side - heck, both sides while you're at it. I had the same problem and it was just a loose sensor connection. If it's not that I have a spare I could sell you. where are you located at? I hate this new format where locations aren't directly listed with user info.

A minor bump like that shouldn't damage the sensor. Look closely at it and see if there's any obvious damage.
I took out the right side sensor. It look ok so I put it back in and still have the same flashing code. I live outside Memphis TN. Will any sensor work on my 95 C? What is the price? I need to check out the left side this weekend and take a look at it too. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is after the repair. IMG_2703.JPG They had to look high and low to find the hood.

·
Super Moderator
10,375 Posts
I fixed the link in my post, above.

They want $44 plus shipping.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think the two are unrelated. 43? My 95 Service Manual doesn't show diagnostic for trouble code 43.

Hope it's simple enough to fix by replacing inexpensive and easy to replace parts.

·
Super Moderator
9,168 Posts
Yeah, I don't know that one either.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My 95 has presented me with a 34 two or three times over the last couple years. But goes away with a restart. The book says depending on the electrical test results, either the air bag diagnostic monitor, air bag module, or air bag sliding contact. I've not done any tests.

rchap - if you're serious about fixing it yourself get the Service Manual if you haven't already. And research on-line for arbag system safety procedures before doing anything.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts