TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I had a slight run in with a concrete lamp standard. This dented in part of the bumper, but did no visual damage to the air bag sensors located much higher up. When ever it is hot enough outside, the air bag light comes on, and does not go out until I've driven the car for awhile, parked to shop, etc.. Then, it usually won't come back on until the car has sat for a long time on a hot day.

Any thoughts? My factory manual goes through some testing procedures, but I don't have what it takes to do the testing. Maybe I should just replace both of them.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Maybe take a look at the wiring to the impact sensors. Might just be cut/smashed enough to have an issue when hot. If the wiring looks good then I'd just grab a new sensors that are known to not be involved in an impact and call it good.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Replace the airbag module, drop the glove box down, and it's inside the hole to the right and it's blue, can't miss it. Had the same issue. Minus the accident situation.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replace the airbag module, drop the glove box down, and it's inside the hole to the right and it's blue, can't miss it. Had the same issue. Minus the accident situation.
Sweet, thanks. I need to keep my mind on my driving and my eyes on the road. I'll look into finding a module.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts