8,249 Posts
It says it will fit mine, so it should fit yours! :gapteeth:

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
YES ! Just put those in 3-4 months ago.
Just be aware,
Quote[Air Lift 1000 Rear; Coil Spring; No Drill; Installation Time - 1 Hour Or Less;]Quote

Drill = Yes, More than 1Hour to install both.

-Maic

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Were they hard to install?
Not so hard in my opinion. Just Time consuming doing it nice and proper.
I installed my'n the same way (i thing Racecougar) has his. Routing the hose to the top, not the bottom.

-Maic

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have them on the Merc for when I pull a trailer, when unloaded, I run 3 lbs or so in them so they don't wreck the ride. At anything over 5-7 psi, they really stiffen the rear, and if on seperate air line where air cannot move from side to side, they'll add lots of oversteer like a fat sway bar. Even when sharing a common line, they'll add some.

Rated for up to 35 psi, they'ld have to be like rocks then.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running the oversized TA's whenevver I have a heavy load in the boot or a couple of heavy (read fat-azzed) adults in the rear seat and hit a bump or a dip in the road the car bottoms out on the tires. Not bad, but enough to make contact and noise. I was hoping to find some Monroe air shocks to fit the car but haven't been able to find them to fit the Bird. That's why I was looking at these and thinking of adding just enough air to prevent the bottoming out.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Running the oversized TA's whenevver I have a heavy load in the boot or a couple of heavy (read fat-azzed) adults in the rear seat and hit a bump or a dip in the road the car bottoms out on the tires. Not bad, but enough to make contact and noise. I was hoping to find some Monroe air shocks to fit the car but haven't been able to find them to fit the Bird. That's why I was looking at these and thinking of adding just enough air to prevent the bottoming out.
The air bags will take care of that. They just require a minimal bit of air all the time to prevent chaffing or pinches as I recall it saying in the instructions.

:rolleyes: Here's hoping they don't read this. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts