TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is 7 months old and my wife bought a victorian style doll house and wants me to put it together. I told her only if I could get an air brush! (alterior motive...I do model cars too.) So, when I paint this 4 foot monster I could give it a little style. I have used a few AB in my life but I have no idea what the differance between a good one and a POS. I have to have a compressor, I can't fly to my work with compressed air canisters. In addition to the flying to work I need a compressor that is fairly small...7-14 LBS So, to all you artsy painters out there, what is a good air brush/compressor combo. Or seperate...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Air Brush

Try for either a Badger or maybe a Pasche. I've had good luck with either over the decades. Hobby Lobby carries them both with aerosol cans and small air compressor.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've been told badger is good from a guy who use to air brush alot of stuff

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Have you considered getting a stationary air compressor, and then just a compressed air tank? That way you don't have the noise when you're working, just filling the tank up.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
You will also want a moisture filter, and possibly an oil filter, depending on the compressor.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Badger is like the T-Bird of airbrushes, and Paasche is the Mark VIII.

Can't really go wrong with either, and I have used both also.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Airbrush

Hey Rolling Thunder................I could not have said it better.

Your experiance shows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts