TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am having an odd problem with my air conditioning. My car sat in storage for about 2 weeks with the A/C working just fine when I had it out, but when I got the car out it would not work. The entire system was replaced about 2 years ago with all new components and worked great up to this point. One thing I did do in order to get the car out was replace the battery. The one I had in there was about 5 years old and finally bit the dust. Could this have something to do with the A/C not working?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,367 Posts
No, replacing the battery shouldn't have anything to do with the A/C suddenly stopping to work. Step one would be to check to see if the compressor clutch is engaging at all when you turn the a/c on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, replacing the battery shouldn't have anything to do with the A/C suddenly stopping to work. Step one would be to check to see if the compressor clutch is engaging at all when you turn the a/c on.
No, it is not engaging at all. I realize that I phrased my question like a total newbie, I can assure you that I am not. My concern was the possibility of popping a fuse, because of the system not being too old.

Maybe I have a low side leak from the car sitting and not using the a/c?

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,367 Posts
Quite possibly. Get the pressure checked - if there's any chance the system has a full charge and the problem is electrical, you will see something on the order of at least 80 PSI or so in the system. Otherwise you've got a leak somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts