TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

In 2008 I just ran factory paper filters. I used about 5 of them this year, so they were replaced regularly. I pulled the engine to swap cars, and I noticed that my intake is coated with dust. I know I dont run in "normal" conditions, but what would you guys recommend to fight this? Would a K&N help, or actually hurt me in this situation? Should I stick with a dry filter?

Just looking for some advice,

Thanks guys,

Brandon

·
Registered
275 Posts
Do they restrict water water?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that on "real race cars" (high HP, carbed engines) they run a K&N type filter, with an outerwear around it.

40th Chicken, as far as the water goes, I know on my ATV, I ran a K&N "Dry Charger" it was made to repel water, mostly for use on jet ski's, but also worked well on ATV's that were going to get wet. My car doesnt see any rain though, just horrible horrible dust.

I was just curious, with all the debate over K&N's, if maybe there was a better option, or if I should just stick with my paper filter.

Thanks for all the input guys,

Brandon

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know that on "real race cars" (high HP, carbed engines) they run a K&N type filter, with an outerwear around it.

40th Chicken, as far as the water goes, I know on my ATV, I ran a K&N "Dry Charger" it was made to repel water, mostly for use on jet ski's, but also worked well on ATV's that were going to get wet. My car doesnt see any rain though, just horrible horrible dust.

I was just curious, with all the debate over K&N's, if maybe there was a better option, or if I should just stick with my paper filter.

Thanks for all the input guys,

Brandon

Start racing on asphalt. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well i was thinkin of moving my intake to the fender. I have a couple of friends that sucked up some water on really rainy days doing this, so i wondered if a cover would help

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Route the intake to inside of the car no more dirty air

·
Registered
275 Posts
hahahaha good one

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not worried about the noise, I just dont have any windows in my car, so the dust would still be an issue.

·
Registered
275 Posts
no windows? in PA? ur putting windows in then?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
275 Posts
as long as it dont get dirty! nice to see other garaged cars on here. lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
Just noticed thats a nice "1 wheely" u got goin in that pic

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
as long as it dont get dirty! nice to see other garaged cars on here. lol
Never gets tooooooo dirty :)

And for the "wheelie", they were having a horrible time with a rut in turn 1 for the first few races of the season, I guess I found it in that pic LOL.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
use panty hose for a pre filter..
Think that would breathe enough air?

So it looks like I'm going with a K&N cone filter and a pre filter of some type. Now all I have to do is get all of this crap out of the intake. I wonder how much got into the engine and if it hurt anything. I probably on have like 50 miles of racing on this engine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts