TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I am thinking about removing my whole airbox and just installing a cone filter right there where the box would go and clamping it to the stone MAFS holder thing. My only concern is my Temperature sensor location. Where can I relocate my temperature sensor. btw it's a 95' LX 4.6l

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
You could do it right and put it in the intake tube, but most people just stick it in a hole in the side of the engine compartment. There's a square hold that it fits in perfectly.

·
Registered
817 Posts
if you buy the k&n kit from kragens/autozone or wherever it comes should come with a little metal bracket that bolts on to the maf and allows you to screw the iat sensor into it and its close to the filter to get a good airflow temp reading. if i had my car right now id get a pic but its gettin tranny work done :bawling:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hey rocker. Its me Brett. Dude that setup isnt as good as dropping it lower to grab some cold air. That way your wanting to do it just about the same setup... maybe a lil better air flow since its a cone and no panel. But still. You'll be sucking in all the engine heat. Could gain a few extra ponies going lower underneath with it and gettin more air to it.. Like mine. LOL even though it was a bee-atch to do. That dayum temp sensor can just be mounted inside the cone id think. It'll buff out lol. Got that MAF yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts