TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much more vunerable is water getting into the engine with it off? I removed it a few days ago (nice sound). My dad is decent knowledge with cars. But when you look down in the hole where the silencer was, there is no major opening for water to get through. Should I be cautious about this?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Don't worry about, if you get water that high up the car is in a flood.

·
Banned
5,377 Posts

well i took out the silencer and replaced it with a 9inch long 4in wide ABS plastic and aimed the last part at the opening in the fog light hole...havent got any water in there yet...maybe cuz it hasnt rained :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, I have my K&N piped in right down there and I haven't had any problems.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
the only time i would worry about water getting sucked up into the cai would be if the water level was about a couple of inches or so under the headlights, i wouldn't drive in that much water anyways, lol....:D

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
my filter is directly in the fog light hole also. Not a single issue yet, and sounds awesome. Everyone is right about having to purposely hydrojet your ride in a flash flood to convert into an aqua-marine off-road intake.........hee hee........:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts