TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please post a pic of it, cause i dont know what it looks like and im tryin to do the mod where u remove it. Or, if u could describe it to me is vast detail. Thanx

PimpTipp

·
Registered
621 Posts
It's a U-Shaped tube that's black. It's right under your intake box, you can't miss it.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
This is from my 95 LX 4.6

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx guys i just finished it, hey rolin thunder, i noticed in yur sig u have the "J-Mod", whats that?

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
The J-Mod is the best thing you can do to your 4r70w transmission, besides adding Mercon V and a cooler.
There is information about it, in the Tech Articles Section. Look in the Transmissions
area. Read "Transmissions 101", plus A-Trains "Shifty Business".

·
Registered
105 Posts
Rolling-Thunder:

I already have the K&N air filter in the factory box of my 96 cougar 4.6L. What do i stand to gain by removing the "air silencer"?

-hooD :cool:

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
Absolutely nothing except for the ability to hear your engine sucking in air. Some people have added a home-made cold air intake. No gains, just a kickass sound.
--Craig

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
The increased intake sound sounds a bit like a growl on mine. But only when I frog tha gas. :) I still love the sound it gives. Time for an exahust to get god sound in stereo when standing next to my car. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts