TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys and gals i have been talking to some friends and thinking this thru and i think im almost certain it would be a great idea. What do you guys think of air struting a 96 bird? Have it set up to where you can lower the down so far to improve performance and such when going fast but then take it back up to stock height when driving on rought roads and such. My friend said he thinks that a small 3 gallon tank would be perfect for the setup. all i really need to do is figure out what would be the best struts for the bird.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
It can be done. I would talk to bagged89 about it, as he would probably have some good knowledge on what you may need.

Jay

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright fordman i will pm him and see what we get

·
Registered
605 Posts
Check out www.baggedbirds.com There are about 15 of us who've already done it. It has all the write ups and everything.

also, your best bet is to buy the parts seperate. Most of the time you can get it cheaper. I got everything for FBSS for under 1200 and thats with a 5 gallon tank, 8 valves, and 2 viair 450 compressors. Look around and you'll find great deals

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
15 :rolleyes: we have 36 posted right now. :tongue:

the link you have if from a company called AIM which is also chassis tech. They have poor customer service but right now is the only company making a "bolt-on" front unit.
Air Ride Technologies sells a unit you can use but you will have to build brackets for it. its a btter unit.

but the bigger question, are you into racing? the air suspension has bee used for it and Air Ride has dones tests and they performed better but i would pic show OR go.

if you want to explore further come see up at baggedbirds, there is a forum there and you can hear some other opinions on the matter.

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im really into racing and what i want is to drop the bird to better handling and such. so w/e you guys would think is the best option for my application.

·
Registered
605 Posts
BAGGED89 said:
15 :rolleyes: we have 36 posted right now. :tongue:

haha..sorry about that. Just went off the top of my head. But i was just guessing about how many of them are actually active.....

**Listen to scott, he knows what he's talking about

1 - 8 of 8 Posts