TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what do the sc's have as far as intercooling systems go for the blower. is it air to air type setup or air to water.? and if its the later do you guys have an heat exchanger to cool off the flow of water circulating throughtout the system? make s samall diagram and let help me know how it routes.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
filter -> MAF -> throttle body -> SC -> air cooled intercooler -> engine intake.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay i appreciate that. is there any sort of bypass off the discharge manifold? what kinda abient temps are you guys getting?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Run over to sccoa.com and read up.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
okay i appreciate that. is there any sort of bypass off the discharge manifold? what kinda abient temps are you guys getting?
There is a vacuum powered solenoid that opens to bypass the SC. In the following picture it connects to the short 2" diameter (approx) rubber hose that is open pointing to the left. The large hole facing the camera on the right side of the pic is where the air comes from the IC and enters the intake.

Right now my ambient temp is the same as the temperature outside the engine bay. (I haven't got her running yet. :D)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a vacuum powered solenoid that opens to bypass the SC. In the following picture it connects to the short 2" diameter (approx) rubber hose that is open pointing to the left. The large hole facing the camera on the right side of the pic is where the air comes from the IC and enters the intake.

Right now my ambient temp is the same as the temperature outside the engine bay. (I haven't got her running yet. :D)
thanks tinman again. so the compressed air goes to the intercooler then the intake tract to the lower intake manifold to motor. hmmmmm. ideas.:idea:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts