TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search and found noone with the same problem, but I did find the listing of airbag codes, etc.

So my airbag light has been flashing for some time now. Turn the car on, sometimes the light will flash (after its test), sometimes it won't. Times when it does flash, if I let the car warm up just a minute or two then turn it off and back on and the light will not flash anymore.

Anyway, the code is 35. It flashes 3 times, pause, 5 times, long pause... repeat.

The tech articles say "Passenger side air bag low resistance or short in circuit" can someone advise me in how to check this or is it best to just take it to someone more knowledgeable.

I've seen several posts that say to disconnect to blue plug behind the glove box to make sure it has a good connection. I just don't want to pull the plug and my airbags deploy or anything like that.

Thanks for the help!
-David

·
Registered
5 Posts
If my memory is correct ... I had this same code a while back 3-4 years ago. Ended up going to the dealership to diagnose and they replaced the module that was connected behind the glove box. A small little silver box about 3x5" (maybe???). That lasted only about 3 months and then the code started again. I found out that when I was parking in my driveway backwards (it was on an incline) and it rained, I had a small leak on the door seal/windshield area and the water was working its way to that module. I didn't feel like spending another $200 (or something like that) so I decided to take out the module myself, opened it up and cleaned the circuit board. When I opened it up I could actually see where the corrosion was "shorting" out the board. Re-installed and I haven't had the problem since. I also don't back into my driveway anymore.

Good luck if you want to try it. I would dis-connect the battery and wait 5-10 minutes before messing with anything cause I also seem to remember that the airbag system has a battery backup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts