TCCoA Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
1,772 Posts
I was going to email, but devices on calling and was glad I did. Seems like they have given them a lot more thought this time.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Does anyone who is also active on SCCoA know if they are aware of these being available again?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
So when is money exchanged? Or where do I put my name down for one (or two)?
I called, and put 1/2 down over the phone. $700 now and $700 plus shipping when it's shipped. He thought it currently would be around $80-90 shipping to Iowa. I think the only other thing you'll need to buy are the motor mounts for your application. I listed those earlier in the thread, but he knew which was for each engine real quick.

I will say that the charge on my card did say AJE, with all the normal info, so it seems relatively safe.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Interesting, that price is way too steep for me but that is a much more appealing product in that configuration.

Strut rods were only really shunned by GM in the 60s and 70s except for the 62-67 Chevy II/Nova. Fords, Mopars and AMC(more in a reverse configuration) all used them since there’s an inherent ride comfort aspect to them people wanted back then. Looking at the AJE made for A bodies though I’m still not sure how caster is supposed to be adjusted.

View attachment 50542
Is that kit the MN-12 unit? It almost looks like one could modify the lower shock/strut mount and install something, anything else in there.

And if this is the MN-12 unit, what are the brackets over to the left?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Is that kit the MN-12 unit? It almost looks like one could modify the lower shock/strut mount and install something, anything else in there.

No, the new MN-12 units are yet to be produced. It will consist of the K member and 2 A-Arms.

I thought about asking for different shock mounts, but then we'd all have to try to agree on where we'd source them from. Most that run this will likely buy coil over setups from Bill anyway.

·
Administrator
14,681 Posts

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,978 Posts

A body mopar. Just using it as an example of what to expect since those cars originally used strut rods too.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts