TCCoA Forums banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

Beer and Cheese
1996 Thunderbird Sport Coyote Swap
I talked to James M. They are finishing up on a 69 Mustang Godzilla swap. He said next week they will start the prototype for the k member.

"I have been running ideas through my head and we are getting a general design in place."

Reactions: dDUBb

Registered
I talked to James M. They are finishing up on a 69 Mustang Godzilla swap. He said next week they will start the prototype for the k member.

"I have been running ideas through my head and we are getting a general design in place."
Are you buying a new one?

Reactions: OxmanWI

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
That front sway bar barely clears the cross brace . Will this clear the larger Addco sway bars ??
I wondered why they didn't do a 2 bend on the brace just outside of the sway bar. I have a 1 1/4" for mine that I'll find out on....

Registered
I'm looking forward to this

Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
I didn't get a response to my be FB question about the sway bar, but another TCCOA member on there did. Supposedly they have a 1 3/8"bar they are verifying fit and adjusting for. Hopefully that is true.

Registered
I didn't get a response to my be FB question about the sway bar, but another TCCOA member on there did. Supposedly they have a 1 3/8"bar they are verifying fit and adjusting for. Hopefully that is true.
They have confirmed that larger sway bar will clear. Also they are working to target maximum factory caster settings currently as the initial redesign was below preferred settings but near factory lower settings. Production has been slightly delayed from the 1st of December to the 5th of December. I made my final payment this morning on my two units.

Registered
Im excited at the prospect of being able to buy one of these. That said it looks a bit on the weak side. Im by no means an expert in tubular k memebers, but the tubular member for our A body is pretty chonky.

Registered
Im excited at the prospect of being able to buy one of these. That said it looks a bit on the weak side. Im by no means an expert in tubular k memebers, but the tubular member for our A body is pretty chonky.
Chonky? Maybe that's the difference between ASTM A513 DOM tubing and your run of the mill mild steel like AS53. 馃槈

Registered
Pretty sure what is its made out of doesnt make that much of a difference, and i feel like it was mentioned that the k members would be mild steel. I used some 1 3/4 4130 tubing (commonly used for cages) to whip up some traction bars for my f250... suffice to say, didnt cut the mustard. The 2" mild dom tubes are holding up just fine. Granted, theyre roughly double the thickness, but a large portion of the strength comes from the diameter, IE, a 1" tube is stronger than a 1/2" shaft, weight being equal. Is a 1" 4130 tube stonger than a 1" 1008 tube, for sure, but is a 1" 4130 tube stronger than a 1.25" 1008 tube.... Then again, my red neck is showing, overkill is underrated.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts