TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i would go for TN. having lived there for 15 yrs of my life i prefer the moun tains and the quiteness. i hate fl simply for the fact that i can reach out my bedroom window and my hand will be over my neighbors property line. cost of living is lower that alot of states but it is rising quickly because of everyone moving back north because of tax rates & cost of living down here in fl. people make jokes about ******** bein mean or dumb. honestly theyre soem of the nicest ppl you will ever meet.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Cost of living in this area is one of the lowest (if not the lowest) in the nation. But the closer you get to Nashville, the higher it goes. TN is definitely nicer (IMHO) from a scenic standpoint, and they don't have state income taxes (but they get their money "other ways" ;) ) If you live in TN, but work in AL, you have to pay AL state income taxes...

The interstates around Nahsville are pretty good with straight shots north, south, east and west. But once you get to the TN/AL border, you pretty much have only north and south on I-65. To go east or west you have to go cross country.

Weather here is pretty good. Winters are mild (well at least my my opinion they are... :D ), but summer can be a little hot and humid. But again, not as bad if you're in the mountains in TN.

Anyway hope that helps and good luck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Not living in the area, my opinion's not worth much, but my brother lives between H'ville and the border, working at the Redstone and his wife at NASA.

I think he would agree with Don about the area. He likes it, though. He gets to hunt and do all the things he likes. Don's right about the lack of a highway system in northern AL. He lives almost to Ardmore and it's quicker for him to backtrack 10 miles to I-65 than to take the straight shot state highway to work everyday.

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
I just finished up a six week job in Birmingham and before that a seven week deal in Huntsville. I found Huntsville to be a nice place for the most part but Birmingham is a ****hole. I had far more scumbags to deal with in Birmingham on that job than any other and I travel all over the country. The theft was unreal and the low life temp help in Birmingham was the pitts. If it was not for a few really nice people it would have been a real strain to finish the job. The Galleria Mall (Gonorrhea to the locals) is a place to be avoided. My customers were afraid to go to ATMs from fear of being robbed if that gives you any idea of the mindset. I was just (last week) in Lexington KY. and the atmosphere is night and day compared to some parts of AL. Birmingham has a real nice sales tax rate of 10%. Well off the soap box.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
haha, yeah i guess there a quite the few low life people. but i live at the bottom of the state so its a bit different down here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
This area isn't bad at all. I live across the border in TN and wouldn't move anywhere else. As stated, the weather around here isn't bad at all. It gets a little hot and humid in the summer, but it's bearable. The winters are very mild in middle tn and northern al. In east tn, they get alot more snow and bad winter weather. As far as cost of living, it'll be alot cheaper in either tn or al compared to what you've got right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.