TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Cougar 4.6L

I can not find my owners manual, so I need to know if there is a fuse/relay/module or anything else that is related to the 'ALARM' feature that came from the factory.

My ALARM keeps activating on it's own (horn honks and lights flash). Can it be disabled? When I leave the key turned on in the accessory mode, the alarm will stay silent. The only other option is to disconnect the battery.

Can someone please help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah I think I need help on that too. My alarm sometimes go off without any reason and I have to rush outside and disconnect the battery :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Fixed! Theft feature disabled.

I unplugged the Anti Theft Module. Car starts and the door locks work with the remote. Horn sounds when lock on remote is pressed twice. Everything is good!
Pictures below illustrate procedure. Hope someone finds it helpful.

Driver side of vehicle

Peel back the trunk liner

Remove 2 black circular plugs that hold the cover tight

Module will be labled. Unplug the 2 plugs going into module

Before reassembly, try starting your engine. It should fire up, mine did. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Good Info, Thanks! Montreal, try that and let us know if it solves your problem, too!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had a short in the trunk lock which caused the alarm to go off automatically when it was armed (30 seconds after the alarm was set, I believe). I unplugged the alarm mechanism from the trunk lock as a work-around. Repairing it seemed like too much of a hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts