TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Yeah so I did a alignment on my car but couldnt get the caster set right. All of my suspension is in great condition. The rest of the alignment speced out like it should have. The caster is set off of the strut rod bushings which I just replaced. The problem is that there isnt enough adjustment on the rod itself. I had the nut pretty much turned off before it would get better. The specs for the caster are 4.8 to 6.3- The best I could get was 2.9 on the drivers side and 2.7 on the passenger side. Iam running out of ideas here! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah so I figured what was wrong. For those of you who know alignment machines, I aligned it off of a 15 degree setting. In reality a ford needs to be aligned off a 20 degree setting. But I guess thats what you get when you are working on German cars all day. Something that seemed to be so minor in reality was a big issue. Also for all of you that get one done, another thing I learned was there are aligning holes on the front and rear subframes where you put a 19mm bar in to make sure your subframes aren't tweaked. If you need to adjust these ever, Ford recommends to align them and use new hardware to keep them in spec.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts