• I've got the regular distributor

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for when your car was built and If it has a DIS (distributorless Ignition System) or a regular Distributor.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
how would we know?

how would you know if u do or not? i have a 1996 3.8 cougar. if there is an easy way to check i will and let u know.:zdunno: :headbang:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I voted Distributor of course since I caused this to happen.

DOB 3/96

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the front of yor engine there is a "device" that has your sparkplug wires running into it, if its a Circle you have a Distributor, if its rectangular you have DIS.

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
Jemplayer said:
I voted Distributor of course since I caused this to happen.
Yes you did! lol :uppoint:
DIS for me, born on date.....12/96

Joe

·
Registered
174 Posts
To Dis or not to Dis?!

I have a 1992/ regular distributor.
What is the big arguement/discussion about? Prehaps I will read about it further down! LOL

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jemplayer's has a Distributor on his 96' previously It was though/common Knowledge that 96-97's all had DIS. SO I started this poll to see if there are any other 96-97's with a Distributor so we can change what we know:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
A 96 with a regular distributor, huh?

I think Jemplayer has a one of a kind 96 t-bird there! LOL! I will be interested to see if we change what we think we know. Great idea starting the poll haha!:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think I need to get Ford to replace my engine due to that fact that it dosen't have DIS and it should. Yea I think something along the split port variety would be about right. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
OK I'm a complete moron, :bangwall: apperently I don't spend as much time under the hood as I thought. I do have DIS. Happend when I went to go try and adjust my timing, and found out that I couldn't.

At leas tit will make a split port setup eaiser.:D

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
Well, now people can sleep easier tonight! :D

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts