TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking for some pointers, or even better, anyone that may have ever experienced this on their own. My dad's car is a 95 Mustang GT. All of his gauges have failed 100% with no reading. The clock had originally been acting up and then it went out all together... shortly after his gauges started to give false readings and then they also stopped giving any readings at all.

I don't know if this is a common problem, I believe it could be 2 differnt problems but uncertain, and I need to check if I am getting power to the cluster... I do know the dash lights work, just not the gauges. Is it possible there is a module that sends the readings to the cluster and perhaps it is bad?

Any pointers to give me some insight on where to begin my search would be helpful.

·
Registered
99 Posts
There is a small PC board on the passenger side of the cluster, right side as you are looking at the dash. I had a temp guage issue on a car I picked up for my son. 96 Cougar V8. I swapped out the t-stat, the guage and the sender. Still no reading from the guage. Pulled the PC board from another 96 Cougar V6 (yes ...a V6) that had the same guages as mine, swapped it and everything works great! Try this or swap out your entire cluster from a working car. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts