TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Thunderbird kicks ***. Period. Our car looks great, runs great, and has good bang for the buck.

My 1997 owns the crap outta my last car, and not to mention looks better than a lot of the NEW cars out today.

Enough said.

V8 Rocks.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Yup, you get performance, reliability, class, styling, and safety - all in one great package :cool:.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It's really too bad so many young drivers were only interested in other cars, (like ricers), and by the time they finally figured how much nicer T-Birds were, they were discontinued. If only some of these "switchers" had gone with the T-Bird earlier, they might still be making the MN12...

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am actually 18 years old. I was hooked the first time I drove it!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Metalbassist03 said:
I am actually 18 years old. I was hooked the first time I drove it!
I went from a 93 3.1L auto fwd Grand Prix to my bird. Love at first drive....

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yep I definitely agree. Sounds like a Mustang, has the power of one... along with comfortable seats for the long drive, the style, and hauling friends and groceries at the same time. ;)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
wanna talk about a difference? dad's vehicle before the Tbird was an '87 S10 4X4 - 5300lbs pulled by a 2.8L V6. Stepping on the gas incited laughter from the engine compartment. The 95 4.6L we bought was unbelievable in comparison.

mn12s rock! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear y'all. I love my tbird but I'm faced with the option on trading in my v6 tbird LX and $1000 for a newer mustang GT 5spd.

please read: TCCOA FORUMS>OTHER STUFF>MISCELLANEOUS>HOW MUCH SHOULD A MUSTANG GT COST?

sorry for the crosspost but I really would like to hear people's input on this. It's kind-of a limited time deal so I should jump on it if I'm going to do it...

sorry again. please don't reply here, post in my thread that I linked. (so we can pretty much keep this on topic although I think the general concensus is "hell yeah" our tbirds, cougs and markviii's make the planet rock!)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Yep, they rock. I had purchased mine having only ridden in it while somebody else test drove it....very nice cars, I want another one.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Heh, points to anyone who knows what a nissan Axxess is, that was the first car I drove, go from that to a V6 RWD Coug, I was squeelin the tires all over the place on the ride home:D

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
92CougLS said:
Heh, points to anyone who knows what a nissan Axxess is, that was the first car I drove, go from that to a V6 RWD Coug, I was squeelin the tires all over the place on the ride home:D
So you went from no power to marginal power....when you gonna get some real power?:D

·
1,267 Posts
AverageJoe said:

So you went from no power to marginal power....when you gonna get some real power?:D
No no, not just no HP's, I mean, it made other cars slower when it was around, to well, decent amount of Torque:D That was all I needed, and damn if it hasn't gotten me into enough trouble as it is!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
92CougLS said:

No no, not just MARGINAL, I mean, an utter lack of HP, to well, decent amount of Torque:D That was all I needed, and damn if it hasn't gotten me into enough trouble as it is!
Reread what I said. I said you went from no power in your Nissan to marginal power in your Cougar....

·
1,267 Posts
AverageJoe said:

Reread what I said. I said you went from no power in your Nissan to marginal power in your Cougar....
Huh, what, heh:2huh: Dunno, uhh, what you uh, are uh, talking about!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts