TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day I was kinda driving the car hard for awhile and it came up with a lean code that wont go away now? I pulled fuse 15 a couple times and went to auto zone and cleared the code but it keeps coming back. Cleaned the MAF and it wasn't dirty. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i'd say you've been runnin lean for a while, but it just so happens that now you're up and over the limit for percentage-correction that is allowed in the EEC

before anything, did you get a lean code on one bank, or both banks? if only one bank, switch the upper O2s from one bank to the other, clear the code, and if it comes back, note which bank is running lean (if code was only on one side, and then switches to the other side after switching the sensors, the it might possibly the sensor going bad)

1st thing i'd check-ALL vacuum lines--remove and inspect for dry-rots and/or cracks and inspect all inlet clamps/connections for tightness (and remember that there are vacuum lines going to the evaporative purge canister behind the front bumper)

2nd thing--are the wires/wire posts on the maf shiny-clean on the side that faces the airflow? if not, then its not clean (note how clean the maf wires are on the back-side--thats how clean the front-side should be)

3rd thing, possibly some gunk in the gas tank may have gotten loose and clogged up the fuel filter

4t-- possibly weakened fuel pump

5th---possible exhaust leak near the upper oxygen sensors

let us know what you find

1 - 2 of 2 Posts